Do you know that 100 grams of eggplant do they contain only 18 calories? It is true, the eggplant they are tasty and also low-calorie. Of course if the eggplant are assembled in one Souffle with cooking cream, cheese and eggs, the caloric content of the final product is quite high but the delicacy is guaranteed: let's put aside the line and we see the recipe.
For the recipe it is recommended to use organic eggs and eggplant zero kilometer, grown naturally, maybe you can buy them from a small local farmer and not from the hypermarket in the city center.
Eggplant soufflé, ingredients for 4 people
- 2 large eggplants
- 100 ml of cooking cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1 yolk
- salt and pepper
- 100 g of grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
Eggplant soufflé, the materials
- Mixer or strainer
- Soufflè molds
- Bowls and other kitchen tools
Eggplant soufflé, the procedure
- Wash the aubergines and without depriving them of the outer part, prick them with a fork and bake them at 200 ° C for about 40 minutes. The holes are necessary to cook the eggplant inside as well
- At the end of cooking, take only the pulp of the aubergines and blend it in a fairly large bowl
- Add yolk, cream, cheese, salt and white pepper.
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks, add some salt
- Add the egg whites to the aubergines and mix, being careful not to dismantle the egg whites
- The mixture thus obtained must be poured into single-portion molds previously buttered
- Bake the souffe at 200 ° C for about 20 minutes
Photo | cookaround.com