The eggplant, a purely summer vegetable, they are very versatile in the kitchen. Eggplant is very good eaten alone, but is very happy to accompany many other ingredients. Today's recipe is the eggplant rolls, it is a quick and easy recipe to prepare. The eggplant rolls they are ideal for those who follow a vegetarian lifestyle and for those who follow a healthy diet: no frying, fats, sausages, only fresh and wholesome food. Obviously the choice of ingredients must be very careful, making sure of their origin.
Eggplant rolls, the ingredients for 4 people
6 medium organic aubergines
150 grams of cottage cheese
! 50 grams of robiola
50 grams of lerdammer
A handful of raisins
A handful of pine nuts
A handful of peeled almonds
Extra green olive oil
Eggplant rolls, the preparation
- Wash the courgettes, cut them into slices lengthwise and leave them in coarse salt for an hour to lose the vegetation liquid
- Then rinse the aubergines in water and dry them thoroughly, then grill them on the stove and let them cool.
- Meanwhile, clean the carrots, cut them into small pieces then put them to boil in a little water for 1o minutes
- Soak the raisins in a glass with water
- Check with a fork that they are cooked, then pour them into a bowl
- Add the ricotta, the robiola, the raisins kept to soak, the pine nuts
- Mix well until you get a homogeneous mixture, adding a drizzle of oil
- Take the grilled eggplant slices and pour the mixture over them
- Add a piece of leerdammer and a handful of rocket in the center
- Roll up the eggplant slices and stop them with a toothpick
- Put the ieggplant rolls on a serving dish and garnish by adding more rocket and almonds on top
- Yours are ready to serve eggplant rolls.
Variation: in the diet version it will be sufficient to eliminate the ricotta and oil