Making the candles at home it is possible, an original way to beautify your home by spending little. The procedure for the DIY candles it's not difficult, just follow a few directions below.
DIY candles, what you need
Colored tablets for candles alternatively pieces of wax crayons
Useful information: in the realization of DIY candles we have chosen beeswax instead of the classic paraffin, as it is a completely natural, completely harmless product.
DIY candles, the procedure
- Pour the beeswax and stearin to the extent of 10% of the beeswax into a saucepan and melt in a water bath
- Add the chosen color, dosing it according to the final intensity you want to obtain
- Mix well using the stainless steel spoon, until a uniform color is obtained
- Finally add the scented essence
- Calculate the length of the wick which must be two centimeters longer than the mold in the lower part and five centimeters longer for the upper one
- Before placing the wick in the mold, dip it completely in the wax two to three times, letting it dry after each dipping
- Grease the mold with cooking oil using a brush and make a small hole in the lower part
- Place the wick, passing it through the hole
- Make sure the wick comes out of the stamp at least two centimeters
- To keep the wick straight, apply sealant to the base
- Pour in the melted wax, first making sure the wax is around eighty degrees centigrade
- Proceed slowly, making sure that no bubbles form during pouring
- To facilitate the solidification of the candle, place the mold for a few minutes under cold water or in the freezer
Once solidified, the candle is ready, if necessary proceed with the decoration to your liking, with leaves, flowers or other.