Plants can be prone to various diseases, the first symptoms are recognized by observing the leaves. Therefore it is essential to always keep the leaves of our plants under control. In this regard we will show you how to recognize the plant diseases, following some simple directions.
Plant diseases, prevention
- Remove the fallen leaves at the base of the plants.
- Irrigate the plants taking care to avoid water shortages and excess water: if little weakens the plant making it easy prey for parasites, water stagnation also favors molds and fungal diseases.
- Never leave residues and waste around and always use sterilized tools if possible.
- Inspect plants frequently
- Fertilize without exaggerating, preferring organic fertilization: some parasitic fungi take advantage of the excess nitrogen given to plants.
Plant diseases, the list
- Anthracnose. It is a fungus that mainly attacks kidney beans and Spanish beans but is often found on many trees. It is characterized by dark spots, both on the leaves and on the dry twigs. The only way to eradicate the fungus is to cut and destroy the affected parts of the plant
- Bacterial cancer. It is a disease that attacks the woody stems of plants, especially fruit trees and ornamental cherry trees, killing the infected branches: in this case it is necessary to prune the shrub immediately;
- Fitoftora. It is a disease that mainly attacks conifers and rhododendrons, once in contact with the plants it causes the leaves to discolor and the stems to die and in some cases to rot the roots. To avoid the onset of the disease, it is good to drain hard soils with bark and not bury the plants too deeply.
- Smokiness. They are parasites that leave droplets of honeydew. Their presence is characterized by a blackish mold which indicates the presence of sucking insects. To eradicate them it is good to wash the black with plenty of water and soap.
- Brown spot. It is a disease that affects roses, forming black spots on the foliage, which must be promptly destroyed.
- Rot. It is characterized by the presence of fungi that multiply, especially if the soil is too wet;
- Gray mold. It is a disease that causes light spots on the foliage, due to the lack of air around the leaves.
- Nectria. It is a disease that attacks woody plants, they present themselves with bright red spots, which must be removed immediately.