Cooking the vegetables in the right way allows us to better preserve vitamins and minerals. To respect a healthy lifestyle, it is not only important to choose what to eat, but also the type of cooking. In this regard we will show you some indications on how to cook vegetables to guarantee all the organoleptic properties.
How to cook vegetables, useful tips
- Most vegetables lose their nutrients during cooking so the less time they cook, the more vitamins and minerals are. In this regard, we suggest eating raw vegetables whenever possible.
- Leave the peel of the vegetables when possible: most of the antioxidants are found right in the outer part. In this regard, we recommend purchasing organic vegetables, just wash them well before cooking.
- Prefer steaming to boiling, as it disperses many valuable nutrients in the cooking water.
- You can also opt for the quick immersion of the vegetables in boiling water. In this regard, we suggest passing the freshly blanched vegetables under running cold water: not only the vitamins and minerals of the vegetable are preserved, but also its natural color.
- After cooking the vegetables we suggest you season them with more spices and less oil and salt. Suggested ingredients: apple cider vinegar, thyme, chopped parsley, garlic, onion, rosemary, linseed and lemon. Try this sauce on vegetables: plain yogurt, lemon juice, parsley, oil, salt and pepper.
ATTENTION: there is an exception with regards to cooking. These are tomatoes, which are recommended to cook as it contains lycopene, a precious anti-cancer enzyme, which is activated by cooking.
How to cook vegetables, steaming
Steam cooking, as we have already mentioned, is the healthiest method for cooking vegetables and more: while they cook, they absorb the moisture and aromas of the boiling liquid, without releasing their aromas. Indeed, during cooking, only the fatty substances are released with the further advantage of enhancing the natural flavor of the vegetables.
in conclusion cooking vegetables it is very simple, they can be grilled, fried, boiled …… .. but what matters is how to cook vegetables in a healthy way!