There dry skin it is a skin problem characterized by a lack of sebum and skin lipids, which involves an insufficient protective lipid layer, resulting in dehydration. The causes can be constitutional, seasonal or related to age or external factors. There dry skin it is thin, fine, transparent and rough to the touch. If not treated properly, the dry skin it can be prone to cracking and prematurely aging. In this regard, below we will show you some natural remedies to treat the problem of dry skin.
Dry skin, prevention
To moisturize the skin it is possible to resort to daily precautions:
- Avoid too hot and too cold environments
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight or even artificial rays
- Treat and exfoliate the skin with natural products with moisturizing, nourishing and emollient properties
- Resort to periodic peels and massages
- Avoid harsh products and alcohol
- Do not dry the skin with coarse cloths
- Cleanse the skin daily with natural products
- Avoid long and hot showers: they deplete the skin of its natural sebum. It is necessary to take showers for no more than 5 minutes, and colder, with a temperature that does not exceed 35 degrees Celsius. A temperature above 38 degrees can cause blood vessels to dilate, facilitating the release of water through the outer layer of the skin.
Dry skin, remedies with food
Diet also has an impact on skin health. In this regard, we suggest:
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables because they are rich in antioxidants and vitamins
- Particularly prefer foods rich in omega 3 and omega 6 and magnesium
- Avoid or limit foods rich in salt, fried foods and fatty foods
- Drink lots of water: do not drink sugary or carbonated drinks or other concoctions that rather dehydrate due to the additives they contain. So, make sure you drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
Dry skin, useful tips
- Choose wetting moisturizers, they are water-based and contain a low percentage of oily substances. In this case, the skin is hydrated in a natural way, taking advantage of the water / moisture already present in the skin and in the environment, without running the risk of clogging the pores. If you use the moisturizer once a day, it is preferable to apply it after a bath or shower and spread the product on the skin that is still slightly damp.
- To wash, use the right soaps, possibly avoiding those that are too fragrant as they contain a greater number of harsh chemicals. Prefer a soap composed exclusively of natural, non-aggressive ingredients: it is better to avoid soaps containing triclosan, phenols, petrolatum, peg, ppg, sles, sls, parabens, and other compounds that are harmful to skin health.