THE peppers they lend themselves to preparations ranging from appetizers to first courses to second courses, obviously without neglecting the famous pepper omelette. The recipe that we want to offer you today is precisely the pepper omelette, a quick and easy dish to prepare. A few simple ingredients are needed, peppers, eggs and cheese.
When purchasing the peppers, prefer those that come from organic farming with firm skin. Another recommendation also applies to the eggs to be chosen obviously those from organic farming. Like all omelettes, this one can also be prepared earlier, or in the evening for the next day, and it keeps well in the refrigerator for several days. If you love peppers and onion, the simple flavors of raw foods, the pepper omelette is the right recipe. But let's see in detail how to prepare the pepper omelette following our recipe.
Pepper omelette, the ingredients for 4 people
- 2 large red peppers
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 150 grams of provolone
- 4 tablespoons of bechamel
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- A handful of raisins
- Oil, salt and pepper
Pepper omelette, the preparation
- Wash the peppers then cut them into four parts and remove the stalk, the seeds and the white parts
- Cut the peppers into thin slices then peel the carrot, cut it into cubes and pour everything into a non-stick pan together with the finely chopped onion with a drizzle of oil and a little salt.
- Cook for about twenty minutes, stirring often with a wooden spoon oil
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add a pinch of pepper and salt
- As soon as the vegetables are cooked, pour them into the bowl with the eggs and add the diced provolone, bechamel, flour and raisins
- Mix well until all the ingredients are mixed well
- Pour the mixture just obtained into the non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil and cook over low heat with a lid for about 7/8 minutes
- With the help of the lid, turn the pepper omelette and cook for another 5 minutes, always with the lid on: one minute before you remove the lid
- Lay down the pepper omelette on absorbent paper and serve warm or cold