The courgette flowers, flowers that grow on the top of zucchini, are very popular in the kitchen, are in fact used in numerous gastronomic preparations. The recipe that we would propose today is the zucchini pancakes better called fiorilli fritters, a quick and simple dish to prepare.
As they grow in contact with the earth, it is good to choose organic courgette flowers that do not contain pesticide residues or substances used in cultivation practices. But let's see in detail how to prepare very tasty zucchini pancakes following our recipe step by step.
Zucchini pancakes, the ingredients for 4 people
- 8 courgette flowers
- 100 grams of mozzarella
- 1 large carrot, or 2 medium carrots
- 1 organic egg
- 200 grams of flour
- 8 tablespoons of bechamel
- 50 grams of Parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper, olive oil to taste
Zucchini pancakes, the preparation
- Remove the pistils from the courgette flowers and wash them thoroughly under running water
- Drain them upside down in a colander
- Then peel the carrot, cut it into cubes and put them to boil for 15 minutes in salted water
- In the meantime, prepare a batter, then mix in a bowl, flour, water (or beer), salt and a beaten egg
- Mix the ingredients well until you get a lump-free batter: it is preferable to let the batter rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes to get more crunchy pancakes
- Take the pieces of freshly boiled carrot, drain and with the help of a spoon try to crush them, trying to form a cream: alternatively you can use the mixer
- Pour the carrot cream into the batter and mix well
- Fill the courgette flowers with a piece of mozzarella and a spoonful of bechamel then dip them into the large bowl of our batter
- Pour the oil into a pan and as soon as it is boiling, gently lift the courgette flowers with a spoon and place them in the pan
- Let them cook for a few minutes then with the help of a slotted spoon lay them on absorbent paper
- Garnish the zucchini pancakes with a few slices of courgette and serve hot.