There aubergine it is a vegetable that binds very well with many other ingredients. It lends itself to many simple and complex gastronomic preparations. The recipe that we will propose today is the eggplant croquettes, a very simple dish to prepare that requires very few simple ingredients. The only recommendation is to choose organically grown aubergines, the same goes for eggs. But let's see in detail how the eggplant croquettes, following our recipe step by step.
Eggplant croquettes, the ingredients for 4 people
- 5 organic eggplants
- 4 slices of stale bread
- 100 grams of grated pecorino
- A spoonful of flour
- 3 organic eggs
- A handful of pine nuts
- A sprig of parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper
- Bread crumbs
Eggplant croquettes, the preparation
- Wash the aubergines well then put them in the oven at 180 degrees for 50 minutes
- After this time, take the aubergines out of the oven and after a few minutes cut them in half lengthwise
- Take the pulp of the aubergines and throw the peel and pour it into a colander or colander and place a weight on it so that it loses the excess moisture
- Meanwhile, soak the stale bread in water
- Take the pulp well dry and pour it into a bowl, adding the slices of bread that were soaked but after having squeezed them well
- mix well with your hands
- In another bowl, beat the eggs then add the pecorino, the chopped pine nuts and a few chopped parsley leaves, then mix well
- Pour this mixture into the bowl containing the aubergine pulp, season with salt and mix well until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Take a handful of the mixture in your hands and form a small ball, like a ping pong ball
- Dip the croquettes in breadcrumbs
- Heat abundant oil for frying and pour in the eggplant croquettes that you will have to fry until they have reached a nice homogeneous golden brown.
- Remove the croquettes from the oil with the help of a slotted spoon then lay them on parchment paper to dry them from excess oil.
- Serve the eggplant croquettes very hot.