Cabbage, vegetarian recipes: the ingredients and the procedure for preparing 3 recipes tasty with the cabbage, also suitable for less experienced cooks!
There cabbage it is one of the most genuine vegetables that exist. It is rich in vitamins A, C, and K. It contains very few calories yet has a strong satiating power. Thanks to the presence of polyphenols and indoles isothiocyanates cabbage it is a food that protects against the formation of tumors and is able to limit their formation. Why not combine business with pleasure by using this fantastic ingredient to prepare recipeshealthy, tasty and tasty? Here are some of the recipes with cabbage more delicious and tasty selected for you.
Savoy cabbage, recipes: the draining cabbage soup
This cabbage recipe is really within everyone's reach! It is a light and detoxifying soup, excellent for those who want to deflate and for lovers of vegetables.
Ingredients to prepare the draining cabbage soup:
• 1/2 cabbage.
• 100 grams of tomato.
• 100 grams of peppers.
• 120 grams of fennel.
• 100 grams of potatoes (optional).
• 1 spring onion.
• 1 stalk of celery.
• 1 teaspoon of vegetable nut without monosodium glutamate.
• Extra virgin olive oil as needed
• Salt to taste.
Cabbage soup, procedure
As anticipated, preparing the draining cabbage soup is really very simple. After having washed and coarsely cut all the vegetables, just cook them in a pot with about 300 grams of water to which add the salt, oil and nut. The vegetables should soften slowly (about half an hour). The potato gives creaminess to the mixture which, once cooked, can be blended with a blender. To make the recipe tastier, you can dress it with wholemeal croutons and parmesan flakes… a real treat!
Cabbage, vegetarian recipes: cabbage rolls, potatoes and smoked cheese
The cabbage rolls are an original and tasty dish that will amaze your guests. Here are the ingredients to prepare the cabbage, potatoes and scamorza rolls:
- 1 cabbage.
- 250 grams of potatoes.
- 200 grams of smoked scamorza cheese (it is important that it is dry enough).
- Extra virgin olive oil as needed
- 1 shallot.
- 100 grams of breadcrumbs.
- Salt and Pepper To Taste.
Cabbage rolls, procedure
- Boil the potatoes or cook them for a few minutes in the microwave so that they are drier but still soft.
- Cut the boiled potatoes into cubes and set aside.
- In the meantime, discard the outermost leaves of the cabbage. Remove 15in of the innermost leaves and cook them for 5 minutes in a pot full of boiling salted water.
- Once the leaves are cooked, dry them with a cloth, being careful not to break them.
- The leftover leaves of the cabbage (those still raw) cut into thin strips.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil with the shallot cut into slices or minced.
- When the shallot becomes transparent, add the cabbage strips and cook over low heat (to prevent it from sticking, add a cup of boiling water).
- After about 10 minutes the cabbage should be soft and fragrant. At this point it is possible to add the previously blanched potatoes.
- Leave the potatoes to flavor and mix all the ingredients well (do not forget to add salt and pepper).
- When almost cooked, add the scamorza cheese cut into cubes trying to mix all the ingredients. (Now the dough is ready to become the filling for your cabbage rolls!).
- Place a couple of tablespoons of the cabbage-potato-scamorza mixture on each cabbage leaf.
- Roll up the leaf and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with a drizzle of olive oil and a handful of breadcrumbs.
- Cook at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Leave in the oven until a golden crust forms on the surface.
- Serve your cabbage rolls hot or lukewarm!
Savoy cabbage vegetarian recipes: timbale of savoy cabbage and fontina
The timbale of cabbage and fontina is a unique dish, particularly rich, but also full of cabbage low in calories and full of nutritional properties.
Savoy cabbage and fontina timbale, ingredients:
• 1 cabbage
• 300 grams of bucatini.
• 25 grams of Parmesan.
• 1 red onion.
• 200 grams of fontina.
• 150 of spicy auricchio.
• 100 grams of whole milk.
• 1 teaspoon of corn starch.
• Nutmeg to taste
• Salt and Pepper To Taste.
• Extra virgin olive oil as needed
Savoy cabbage and fontina timbale: procedure
• First clean the cabbage and remove the harder central part.
• Cut about 100 grams of leaves and immerse them for a few seconds in boiling water.
• After about 7-8 seconds, immerse the leaves in cold water and ice cubes (in this way the green of the chlorophyll will remain unchanged, giving your cabbage and fontina cheese a bright natural color).
• Use these leaves to line a donut-shaped pan. With a brush, oil the pan well so that after cooking the leaves come off easily.
• Cut the remaining part of the cabbage into strips and leave them to flavor in a large non-stick pan with a dash of extra virgin olive oil and the chopped red onion.
• Prepare the béchamel by simmering the whole milk. Add a teaspoon of corn starch, the fontina cheese and the auricchio cut into cubes.
• Cook the pasta that will fill your savoy cabbage and fontina timbale.
• Once cooked, add the pasta to the pan with the sautéed cabbage and pour the béchamel over it.
• Use the mixture thus obtained to fill the timbale. Pour everything into a donut-shaped pan and bake at 220 ° for about 15 minutes. If the timbale of cabbage appears too liquid, let it cook for a few more minutes.
• Allow to cool before turning out the cabbage timbale which should be served warm. The outer green of the leaves will give the dish a truly unique and irresistible touch!
If you are looking for fresh dishes, avoid cabbage: in macrobiotic cuisine, the consumption of cabbage is recommended between autumn and winter. For fresh recipes, please refer to the page dedicated tovegetarian summer menu.
You might also be interested in Chlorophyll: properties and benefits