Thepumpkinsthey can be stored for long periods, are easy to grow and tasty to eat. If you have a yellow squash or another variety, you can use it to preparesweet or savory recipes.
If you are wonderinghow to cook yellow squash, I'll give you somerecipeso as to obtain perfect results.
Recipes of first courses, appetizers and side dishes with yellow pumpkin. Lots of tips on how to cook yellow squash and get perfect courses.
How to make pasta and pumpkin
In the page dedicated to the "yellow pumpkin" I have already given you theoriginal recipeof the pasta and pumpkin. Incooking pumpkin with pastayou will need to have a saucepan of boiling water or vegetable broth handy because the pasta will be cooked at the same time as the pumpkin. Pasta absorbs liquids and due to the heat your dish could dry out: having extra broth is your guarantee to obtain a perfect result!
Yellow pumpkin dumplings
Thererecipemost popular involves the use of a pumpkin and potato puree but there is also onegnocchi recipe made only with pumpkin. The only ingredients are yellow squash, flour and water! The condiments can be the most diverse but in order not to spoil the delicate flavor of the pumpkin I suggest you prepare a condiment by melting a knob of butter and frying a few sage leaves. When cooked, add a little hard ricotta or salted ricotta to your gnocchi. An excellent vegetarian recipe that will make everyone happy. For the complete recipe: pumpkin gnocchi.
How to cook yellow squash
you cancooking yellow squashto prepare first, second, desserts or appetizers. We have already seen the recipe for two first courses with yellow pumpkin (pumpkin gnocchi and pasta with pumpkin), we are missing an appetizer and a second!
Thereyellow pumpkin pieit can be the perfect idea for an appetizer or a light dinner. How to cook pumpkin pie? I'll give you some "typical" ingredients but you will have to feel free to change them according to your tastes.
- 1 roll of shortcrust pastry
- 500 gr of pumpkin
- 100 gr of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 80 gr of smoked bacon, speck or guanciale
- 50 gr of smoked provolone
- sage or thyme
- Salt and Pepper To Taste.
- Extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbsp
How to cook pumpkin in a pan
To start the recipe you will need to sauté the pumpkin in a pan. As?
- Dice the squash
- Heat two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan
- Add salt and pepper.
- docook the pumpkin in a panfor 15 minutes, until the cubes are of the desired consistency *.
- Turn off the heat.
- With a fork, purée the pumpkin ... If you have made cubes too large, you will need to use a kitchen mixer.
* If you need pan-fried squash for a side dish, they will need to be just soft… when you use them to makepumpkin gnocchior onePumpkin pielike ours, they must be very soft.
Transfer the pumpkin puree to a large bowl. Add all the other ingredients (diced provolone, bacon or speck, grated cheese, egg and chopped spice…).
Mix well with a spatula.
Aside, take a tart pan or any pan with a diameter of about 22 cm. Butter the pan and line the bottom with yours puff pastry crust.
With a fork, make holes in the bottom. Now you can fill your pastry withpasta briseewith thepumpkin cream and cheeses.
You just have to dobake the yellow pumpkin tart in the ovenpreheated to 180 ° C for about 40 minutes.
How to make roasted yellow squash
Yellow squash is a very light food: it provides only 26 kcal per 100 grams of product and is an excellent source of antioxidants. The only "side effect" is that in most ofrecipes, theyellow pumpkinit is used with a large number of fatty seasonings. How to fix it? Alight recipeit is very easy to prepare.
- Clean the pumpkin and prepare it in thin slices
- Heat a nonstick or cast iron skillet
- Add a little salt to the pan
- Roast the pumpkin slices by cooking them on both sides
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side
- Season with a little oil, salt and vinegar
This is therecipe with yellow squashlighter than you will ever eat!
Otherslight recipes with yellow squash?you cancooking yellow squashto preparesoups and soups. Here is the recipe for the cream soup or "pumpkin soup“.