How to make Pasta and cauliflower: classic recipe and varied like thebaked pasta and cauliflower, excellent single dish with a delicate and tasty flavor.
The combination of pasta and cauliflower it is one of the symbols of the Neapolitan culinary tradition, even if this dish is now well established throughout Italy. Thanks to its easily recognizable smells and flavors and… the possibility of being able to replicate it in a few minutes in your own kitchen.
What is certain is that to achieve the recipe of pasta and cauliflower in the Neapolitan style, you need to pay a little more attention! On the other hand, the tradition Campania cuisine leaves very little room for improvisation and, in order to obtain a final result that does not disfigure what you can eat in the shadow of Vesuvius, it takes a lot of exercise. But how to start?
Pasta and cauliflower recipe
Let's start by understanding what the pasta and cauliflower ingredientsin itsrecipemoreclassical. Assuming that our recipe is for 4 people, get:
- 300 grams of mixed pasta;
- 600 grams of cauliflower;
- 150 grams of bacon;
- 150 grams of datterini tomatoes;
- 80 grams of extra virgin olive oil;
- 80 gr of grated cheese (Grana, Parmesan or a mixture with Pecorino Romano and Grana ...)
- 2 cloves of garlic, 1 chilli and a little parmesan rind.
These are readily available ingredients. Considering that the goodness of this recipe can be enhanced by the choice of the best raw materials on the market, we advise you not to skimp on buying the top you find on the market!
How to make pasta and cauliflower
Have you got all the ingredients you will need for this yummy recipe? Very well, then we can proceed!
- Take the bacon and cut it into cubes: if you are really lazy, you can buy it at the supermarket already cut to this size. In any case, put the cubes in a saucepan, and let them brown with the extra virgin olive oil and the 2 cloves of garlic, over low heat.
- Once the bacon is golden brown, remove the garlic from the saucepan and add the cherry tomatoes cut in half. Continue to brown for a few minutes and then add the 600 grams of cauliflower which, previously, you have taken care to cut into florets. Mix everything with particular care.
- While cooking, dilute the oil with a few ladles of hot water. Then add the parmesan crust cut into small pieces. Season with salt and cover the saucepan with the lid, let it evaporate over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Then extend again with boiling water and lower the pasta, stirring constantly and, if you deem it necessary, adding more boiling water.
- Then bring the pasta to cooking (remember it must be al dente!) Turn off the heat and let it rest for a few minutes in the saucepan before serving.
- Add the grated cheese, mix and serve.
The result should be a dish of pasta and cauliflower incredibly tasty and tasty, which you can share with your diners: they will be amazed by so much delicacy!
Baked pasta and cauliflower
Not onlytraditional recipe. Therepasta and cabbagecan become an incredible single scope, it is the chaste ofbaked pasta and cauliflower au gratin. For the complete recipe, you can visit this dedicated page: au gratin pasta and cauliflower.
In addition to being very tasty and relatively simple to make, there is at least one other advantage that you should try to keep in mind: the cauliflower it is in fact a food extremely rich in antioxidants, which can counteract the degenerative action of free radicals.
Cauliflower also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, and is rich in vitamin C, mineral salts such as potassium, phosphorus and calcium.
In short, it is a real marvel in your kitchen, which you could insert in abundance in your eating habits, consuming it several times a week. Therefore, if you love the flavor of cauliflower and you particularly liked this recipe, nothing better than experimenting with it many times in order to get to the perfection of this Neapolitan culinary symbol.
If you like the recipe of pasta and caulifloweryou can experiment with other dishes that see the same protagonist. If you run out of ideas, you can find great onesrecipes with cauliflowervisiting our pages:
- Baked cauliflower au gratin (light or cheese recipe)
- Baked cauliflower flan