We will explain how to prepare an excellent peach jam with the traditional or light recipe, that is sugar-free peach jamadded!
Proper nutrition begins with a good breakfast which should be one of the main food stops of the day! How much time do you spend on breakfast? If you just drink a cup of coffee, a very southern habit ... you know you're wrong!
A proper breakfast should be made with fresh seasonal fruit, peach jams or homemade jams, low-fat yogurt, cereals (real ones, without refined sugars!)… If it is true that thegood morning starts in the morning, try to carve out the right time to devote to breakfast, we are sure that your metabolism will thank you! If you want to follow a balanced diet and believe that the classic jam is "too caloric" for your energy needs, then you can use an excellent sugar-free jam, let's start with this recipe!
Sugar-free peach jam
There peach jam unsweetened, combined with rusks or, ideally, with slices of toasted wholemeal bread (the day before bread is also good!), it is the ideal meal for a healthy, low-calorie and nutritious breakfast. You can combine it with a homemade juice extract or orange juice.
There sugar-free peach jamit has only 38 kcal per 100 g of product. But let's see in detail how to prepare the peach jam following ours recipe step by step. The only recommendation is to prepare the peach jam with peaches from your own garden or organic, even better if you buy at zero km.
How to make sugar-free peach jam
Advice on choosing peaches to make jam: choose them very ripe, since peaches will be the only source of sugar! The riper the peaches, the sweeter the result!
- 1 kg of peeled and pitted peaches
- 1 kg of ripe yellow and white peaches
- An Apple
- A few tablespoons of liqueur (optional)
- Juice and pulp of one lemon
- Sterilized jars with caps
Useful information: a 100% fruit jam should consist of a single ingredient: fruit without sugar substitutes. If you want to use a thickener and use an alternative to sugar, you can add agar agar, a natural ingredient that you can find in organic food stores. Read on the label how much you need based on the type of fruit
Recipe: sugar-free peach jam
- Wash, peel, cut in half and stone the peaches
- Place them in a saucepan and cook for about 15 minutes over very low heat
- Stir with a wooden spoon several times and skim repeatedly
- After fifteen minutes, pass the peaches in the blender, collecting the mixture in a bowl. Add the lemon and apple pulp and mix
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and cook over very low heat, stirring constantly and slowly with a wooden spoon, until the cream has reached a certain density and consistency.
- Meanwhile, boil the jars for the jam for 20 minutes, then dry.
- As soon as the peach jam is ready, distribute it in the jars
- Cut out some greaseproof paper discs, as wide as the mouth of the vase, dip them in the liqueur alcohol and drain them
- Place them on the surface of the jam
- Close the jars, label them with the date
Store them in a dark, cool and well-ventilated place.
Useful information: pTo check the density of the jam, just do the drop test by dropping a drop of jam on a saucer. If by tilting the saucer, the drop does not slip, you can remove the container from the heat.
Homemade peach jam
Our grandmothers went out on foot to do the shopping, not to mention those who did manual jobs… so, they didn't need to look after calories. Therehomemade peach jam, in its traditional form, it is made with sugar. Here is the recipe forhomemade peach jam.
- 1 kg of clean peaches
- 400 grams of sugar (preferably cane or wholemeal)
- 1 large lemon, untreated
Homemade peach jam: recipe
- Cut the peaches into chunks (obviously after washing and peeling them).
- Grate the lemon and keep the zest aside.
- Place the peaches in a saucepan (preferably with a non-stick base, but not essential), add the filtered lemon juice.
- Add the grated lemon zest.
- Let it boil over medium heat for at least 10 minutes. The fruit will have to be undone.
- Gradually add the sugar by mixing it with a wooden spoon.
- Let yours cookpeach jamfor 40 - 45 minutes.
- Aside, sterilize glass jars by immersing them in boiling water for 20 minutes. Dry each jar by placing it upside down or using very clean cotton cloths.
- Each jar will need to be filled with thepeach jamstill hot.
- Close the jars tightly and place them upside down already covered with a plaid. In this way the residual heat will slowly dissipate and crystallize the sugars with the peach pulp in a gradual process. In addition, in this way, the so-called "vacuum" and yours will be formedmarmalade jamwill have adurationlonger.
- Let the jars rest overnight and then store them in the pantry.
In bothrecipeswe used two methods ofsterilization of jarsdifferent but, in both cases, the procedure is carried out to increase thedurationsome homemade jam.
Ideas for making flavored peach jam
Peaches can be flavored with powdered cinnamon (100 g of powdered cinnamon for each kg of peaches) or, again, with a couple of tablespoons of your favorite liqueur.