Let's start with the instructions forclean the redfishand then move on to recipe for redfish souptasty. Other ideas for cooking redfish or its fillets.
Theredfishit's afishvery widespread in the Mediterranean basin, so if you go to a fish market or to your trusted fish market, it will not be difficult for you to find it. It stands out for its squat appearance, rich in scales and above all for its red color. It has a big head and strong fins.
Its white meats are very tasty, have a firm texture and are of excellent quality. Theredfishit is suitable for the preparation of a large number of recipes. Thereredfish soupit is just the most classic example. Therockfishbigger they can becooking in the oven, with crazy water or you can use them to make twofillets. Redfish fillets are possiblecooking in a pan, stewed, baked in foil or they can become a perfect condiment for gnocchi and fresh pasta. Before seeing some recipes, let's seehow to cleanthis fish.
How to clean the redfish
To clean itredfishyou will need:
- Sturdy scissors
- Chopping board
- A plastic bag so from scale the fish without dirtying
The smell of fish can be annoying, for this reason, beforescale the fishit is good to take some precautions. In this paragraph I will explain to youhow to clean the redfish, I will recommend you some useful tricks for cleaning fish!
- Place the redfish on a cutting board.
- Start by cutting off the gill and ventral fins, cut off the dorsal fin as well.
- Carve the belly from the tail to the lower end of the head.
- Eliminate the entrails.
- The time has comescale the fish. Put it awayredfishin a plastic bag and pass the blunt part of a knife several times. Move the non-cutting edge of the knife in a direction from "tail-to-head".
In this way, the scales will jump away but remaining in your plastic bag, without causing massacres on the countertop in the kitchen! One timeclean the scorpion fishnecessary for yourrecipe, wash them under running water, strictly fresh!
Redfish fillets: how to fillet a redfish
How to get redfish fillets? If you wantfillet the redfishyou will need a very large specimen, pliers to extract unnecessary bones and a knife with a flexible blade. Complete instructions are shown in the articlehow to fillet fish or in the guide dedicated togurnard. Theregurnardin fact, it is very similar to redfish even if it has more delicate meat.
Please note: if you wantfillet the redfish, know that this must be very big! Small specimens that are more often found on the market are better suited to oneredfish soupor a fish broth.
Recipe: fried redfish fillets
For the recipe offried redfish filletsyou can follow the same procedure as for the gurnard fillets, on the page dedicated to the gurnard.
After having seen the preliminaries (how to clean the fish and how to fillet the redfish), we immediately moverecipe for redfish soup. Know that you can prepare onefish soupgiven only by the redfish or by more fish.
For example, for thefish soup, you can use specimens such as: scorpion fish, gurnard, monkfish, ray, turbot, mantis shrimp ... but also molluscs such as small cuttlefish and baby octopus, which will be previously seared aside because they have slightly longer cooking times. Let's move on toredfish soup, here are the ingredients.
- 2 or more scorpion fish (about 1 kg of fish, you can also make 500 gr of redfish and 500 gr of gurnard ...)
- 2 chopped shallots (if you prefer a sweeter flavor, than white onion)
- 1 dry chilli
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 400 gr of tomato pulp
- chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (not necessary if using a particularly sweet tomato variety)
- 1 ladle of broth (preferably fish broth)
- Toasted bread
- Oregano (optional)
If you don't know how to prepare fish broth, know that you can do it simply by exploiting the heads of the rockfish following the procedure seen in the article onhow to clean shrimp.
that's howmake redfish soup:
- Clean the scorpionfish and take out the head.
- In a pan, heat the oil and sauté the chopped shallots.
- Add the fish in slices (if the redfish is large, or whole, if it is small specimens)
- Brown the fish on both sides by turning it gently with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and chopped parsley.
- Add a ladle of broth, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and a teaspoon of sugar (optional).
- Add the salt.
- Continue cooking keeping the pan semi-covered for 15-20 minutes.
- When cooked, add the chopped dry chilli.
- Garnish with toasted bread flavored with oregano and a drizzle of oil.
Here, yoursredfish soupis ready to serve!