Almond nougat: here is a healthy and tasty recipe to be enjoyed as a dessert all year round. Benefits of the ingredients that make up this food.
Almond is a fruit widely used in the food sector. Due to its versatility, it lends itself to many preparations and uses, both as a snack and as a main ingredient in savory and sweet preparations, especially those of Sicilian, Apulian and Sardinian cuisine. In this article we will propose you a tasty recipe based on almonds; let's talk about the almond nougat.
Thanks to this recipe we will be able to enjoy the benefits of almonds and at the same time offer pleasure to our palate!
Almond is a healthy and complete food; Among the varieties of dried fruit, it boasts numerous properties and health benefits. In fact, it contains a high content of vitamins, mineral salts and amino acids such as to make it an ideal food to provide immediate nourishment to the body, especially in the presence of certain events where a greater reaction of the body is needed: convalescence, strong sporting activity, physical effort and intellectual, pregnancy, breastfeeding etc.
The immune system also benefits from regular consumption of almonds: 5-6 fruits in the morning can help recharge the body. According to experts, regular consumption of almonds allows us to balance cholesterol and blood sugar levels, therefore it can be considered a good remedy for cardiovascular diseases.
Almond nougat, what we need
- 250 grams of chopped almonds.
- 50 grams of extra virgin coconut oil.
- 25 ml of refined liquid stevia.
Almond nougat, preparation
Before proceeding with the preparation of the almond nougat, you must make sure that the coconut oil is in a liquid state. If the oil is at a temperature below 25 degrees, you will find it solid! You will therefore have to heat it in a double boiler or use your microwave to melt it. Attention, you must never boil it otherwise you risk losing most of its properties.
- Once the oil is liquid, pour it into a saucepan and add the liquid stevia
- Pour in the chopped almonds and mix everything together
- When the mixture appears homogeneous, transfer it to a silicone mold or a small tray
- Cover the mold with cling film then put it in the fridge. The coconut oil will allow it to solidify, so the nougat will become a whole piece of nougat
- After an hour, it will be possible to serve and consume the homemade almond nougat
This recipe is very simple but not only! As I have already mentioned, we are talking about a tasty and healthy food. In addition to almonds, the other ingredients that make up this recipe also have beneficial properties.
Benefits of coconut oil
Coconut oil is a well-known product in both the culinary and cosmetic fields. Everyone knows the benefits it brings to the body. Helps the immune system, protects the stomach, the heart. The high levels of lauric acid make coconut oil popular in cooking. If you want to use coconut oil in cooking, make sure you buy the one for food and not for cosmetic use.
If you want more information on the properties of coconut oil in the food sector and find out where to buy it, we refer you to the page dedicated toCoconut oil in kitchen.
Properties of stevia
Stevia is a natural sweetener widely used in weight loss diets due to the almost absence of calories. It was already very popular in ancient times: the plant from which stevia is obtained (Stevia rebaudiana), was heavily used in folk medicine for its beneficial properties. Let's see some of them:
- It helps regulate blood sugar levels, therefore it is particularly suitable for those suffering from diabetes and also for those who like to eat sweets often
- It is able to slightly lower blood pressure
- It can raise the immune defenses, protecting the body from disease.
PLEASE NOTE: this ingredient is readily available in supermarkets. If not, you can use brown sugar cane, honey or agave syrup as an alternative.