Fried potato donuts: original recipe and advice on how to prepare the sweet potato donuts. Ingredients and recipe of the fried donut, step by step. Note: the same recipe can be used to preparepotato donuts, but in this case it is the shape that changes, no longer a ring, but you will have to obtain spheres.
Those who live in Southern Italy, in the period between Carnival and San Giuseppe, find themselves tasting a large number ofdessertstypical such as Chatter, zeppole, fritters, donuts and the classics potato donuts. The desserts listed above have one fundamental thing in common: they can be prepared without an oven! On this page we will focus onrecipeof thesweet potato donuts.
Fried potato donuts
Here are the ingredients for a bowl of donuts, perfect for accommodating up to 5 voracious guests or 8 more guestsappetite moderators!How much it iscalorieshave thefried potato donuts?With thisrecipe, each portion (therefore the total number of donuts divided by 8) provides 275 kcal.
- 275 gr of Manitoba flour + flour for the pastry board
- 200 gr of potatoes
- 30 ml of milk
- 1 egg
- 120 grams of granulated sugar
- half vanilla pod (alternatively, you can use vanilla extract)
- 12 gr of brewer's yeast
- 1 orange (better if organic, you will need the zest)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Seed oil for frying
- 100 ml of water
Once you have all the ingredients, start atprepare the sweet potato donuts.
How to make sweet potato donuts
Start therecipe of potato donutsdissolving the yeast in the milk.
- Melt the yeast in milk at room temperature.
- Add a pinch of granulated sugar, mix and let it rest.
- Meanwhile, he boiled the potatoes still in their skins. Peel the potatoes and, while still hot, reduce them to a pulp with the classic potato masher.
- On the worktop, sprinkle a little flour!
- Place the flour and add the mashed potatoes in the center.
- Combine 20 grams of granulated sugar and the egg.
- Add the seeds taken from the vanilla, engrave each seed… Alternatively you can use a vanilla extract sachet.
- In the center of the fountain, gradually incorporate the milk with the dissolved yeast. Knead and to make the mixture more fluid, add 50 ml of warm water.
- When you have obtained a compact and homogeneous mixture, cover it with a transparent film.
- Let it rise for 2 hours, keep the mixture in a warm place.
Here, the hard work has been done, you just have to make the shapes of thepotato donutsand heat the oil for frying. Let's see the details.
- Work the dough on the floured surface.
- From the "sphere" of compound, remove some pieces and roll them out until you obtain rolls with a diameter of 2 cm and a length of about 10 cm.
- Close each roll so that you get somering donuts.
- Place thedonutsneo-formed on a floured surface to prevent them from sticking.
- After closing the last one in a loopdonut, cover them with a cloth or cling film and let them rise for another 30-40 minutes. This second leavening is essential to havefluffy potato bunsand swollen, even after frying.
- While waiting, dissolve the residual granulated sugar with 50 ml of water. Add the grated orange zest. Let the orange flavored sugar thicken for 10 minutes.
- Aside, heat the oil for frying, cook thepotato donutsin boiling oil and let them drain on absorbent paper.
- Use the "orange syrup" to sprinkle thefried potato donutsstill hot and sprinkle thedonutswith brown sugar.
That's it, thepotato donuts recipeit's over, your desserts are ready to taste!
Egg-free potato donuts
You are looking for a version of the recipeof the egg-free potato buns?
You can use the recipe we have just proposed, you simply have to replace the egg with half a banana (it must be well ripe). The banana flavor will only slightly affect the final result but this sweeter note will not bother the palate, quite the contrary!
If you want to do the egg-free potato buns, you can replace the unwanted ingredient with:
- 2 tablespoons of soy milk (they are tasteless, and do not affect the final flavor of the donut)
- 2 tablespoons potato starch (makes the donuts softer)
- 1/2 pot of yogurt
- 50 ml of milk
Of course you will only need to use one of the substituents listed above. If you choose to use milk, you may need an extra 15 grams of flour to compensate for the amount of extra liquid.
As stated, the same recipe can be used to make ifried potato donuts, instead of making rolls to roll out and then join into a ring, you will have to make balls that you will fry with or without topping. THEpotato donutsin fact, they can also be filled with Nutella, jam or fruit, such as blueberries and strawberries.
Please note: the recipe forfried potato donutsit has nothing to do withAmerican donuts, even the American donuts are fried but they are potato free. For the recipe ofDonuts(American donut) I invite you to read the page: donuts.