Crow's feet: causes and prevention. Useful tips and DIY treatments to reduce these annoying expression lines. What are the most effective ingredients against this imperfection that affects us all!
Crow's feet are those expression lines that appear on the outer contour of the eyes and that are accentuated when we squint them.
Crow's feet, causes
The cause of this imperfection is due to the repeated and prolonged contraction of the orbicular muscle of the eye which causes the eyelid to close. During the day this muscle is involuntarily contracted many times, not only to close the eyelid, but also to define a facial expression.
Another cause is due to the bad habit of squinting to see. This gesture contributes to the formation of these wrinkles! For this reason, it is good not to neglect the sight and to relax the eyes frequently.
Even the lack of silicon can cause the appearance of wrinkles! After the age of 40, the body needs a greater amount of silicon to renew, repair and rejuvenate our cells. We are talking, in fact, of a fundamental mineral for the formation of skin tissue, hair, nails, bones, etc.
A supplement of this mineral can be a great help for the health of our body. In this regard, we recommend that you take specific supplements. They are available in herbal medicine.
Crow's feet, prevention with eye relaxation
To prevent the formation of crow's feet, it is essential to reduce eye tension. Here are some suggestions:
- Refresh your eyes at least every 3/4 hours with cold water, so as to facilitate the circulation of the eye area
- Massage the area around the eyes every morning and evening, preferably with a specific moisturizer for the eye area. Start where the eyebrows begin. Apply light pressure with your fingers in circular motions. Massage the upper part of the eye and continue along the lower part of the eye and then return to the starting point.
- During the day, especially when you spend several hours at the computer or reading, you can perform an ocular relaxation technique known as “palming”. It consists of rubbing the palms of the hands to warm them and place them on the closed eyes for a few minutes. This exercise improves vision by becoming clearer and sharper
- Before falling asleep, massage your temples and breathe deeply so as to relieve nervous tension
Chicken feet, remedies
Today the market offers many professional techniques and treatments that allow to reduce crow's feet but are not within everyone's reach. Some treatments are really expensive and require constant applications so that the results can be maintained over time.
Fortunately, mother nature provides us with natural aesthetic remedies that can offer us similar effects without having to spend too much or resort to invasive techniques.
Almond oil and aloe vera gel
The benefits of aloe vera gel are now known to all. It is a very present ingredient in natural cosmetics for the treatment of various skin imperfections. Its constant application helps to reduce wrinkles and promote facial hydration. Combined with almond oil, we will obtain a truly effective remedy against crow's feet. Here's how to proceed:
- Pour 20 grams of aloe vera gel and 10 grams of almond oil into a container
- mix vigorously until a homogeneous mixture is obtained
- Apply the mixture on the outer eye area and leave it on for half an hour
- Rinse with cold water and repeat the treatment at least 2 times a week
Egg white and cucumber
Thanks to their high firming and restorative action, egg white and cucumber can help effectively reduce fine wrinkles around the eyes. Let's see how to proceed
- Peel half a cucumber and finely grate it in a bowl
- Add the white of an egg and mix well until a homogeneous mixture is obtained
- Apply the mixture on both eye contours.
- Leave on until it dries and rinse with cold water
- Repeat the treatment every week
Grapes and Vitamin E
Grapes have a high amount of polyphenols, powerful antioxidant substances that help protect the skin's collagen and elastin. We can create a truly effective remedy by enhancing its effects with the addition of vitamin E capsules, a supplement that hydrates and strengthens the regeneration process. Here's how to proceed:
- Grind about 6 ripe grapes in a bowl and then add 2 vitamin E capsules
- Mix well until you get a homogeneous mixture
- Apply the product on the eye contour making gentle massages
- Leave for about 20 minutes then rinse with cold water
- Repeat the treatment every week
PLEASE NOTE: one of the best precautions to prevent the appearance of crow's feet is the application of good sun protection. Remember, the effects of UV rays can compromise this delicate area of the face.