Recipes with rice: taking advantage of the beneficial properties of rice and certain ingredients, we will offer you some new and tasty recipes, both savory and sweet, to be prepared also for special occasions.
Known since ancient times, rice is one of the most used cereals in world gastronomy due to its versatility in the kitchen. Rice was probably the first cereal to be used for food, therefore its use is very ancient, perhaps even earlier than that of wheat or wheat. It does not contain gluten and there are several varieties, more than 500.
Beneficial properties of rice
What makes this food unique are its properties! It is easily digestible and helps regulate the intestinal flora. It contains a lot of potassium and little sodium and, therefore, is suitable for those with hypertension problems. Low in calories; about 130 for every 100 grams of product, and is rich in many micronutrients. Furthermore, the integral variety helps to remove swelling, fights constipation and has a lower glycemic index than that of pasta.
Recipes with rice
As already mentioned, rice is a very healthy ingredient and lends itself to many sweet and savory recipes ... just find the perfect balance between the different ingredients. Here are some simple and tasty rice-based recipes… take note!
Tomato risotto with basil
In this tasty recipe, another protagonist is basil, a herb capable of offering a unique freshness to dishes! Furthermore, basil has a high content of antioxidants. We also have tomato, whose beneficial properties are all too well known.
What we need
- 50 grams of red onion
- 30 grams of salt
- 100 grams of medium ripe tomatoes
- 200 grams of rice
- a few basil leaves
- 30 grams of butter
- A pinch of black pepper
- 120 ml of vegetable broth
- 150 grams of grated Parmesan
- Carefully wash the tomatoes, remove the seeds and peel, then cut into slices
- Cut the onions into slices and pour into a pan
- Add the butter and simmer for a few minutes
- At this point, add the white rice and mix carefully with the help of a wooden spoon
- Add the vegetable broth and the chopped basil
- Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes, always continuing to mix
- After the necessary time, add the tomato and grated cheese
- Continue cooking over low heat, if necessary add more broth
- serve at the table while still hot.
Paella seas and mountains
Paella is a well-known dish in Spain and all the countries of Latin America. In this recipe we will combine vegetables with fish in order to obtain a dish rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins and omega 3.
What we need
- 150 grams of peeled red prawns
- 30 grams of salt
- 3 medium courgettes, diced
- 150 grams of yellow cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 120 grams of mussels
- 200 grams of squid cut into rings
- A cup of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 250 grams of brown rice
- A pinch of sweet chili
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Pour the oil into a non-stick pan and heat over low heat for a few seconds
- Add the prawns and sauté for about a minute 40 seconds then remove the prawns from the heat
- Pour the squid into the pan with the oil and sauté for a minute
- Add the previously browned prawns and mussels
- Mix the ingredients with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes over low heat
- Add the courgettes, the cherry tomatoes and continue stirring over low heat for a couple of minutes
- Add the minced garlic and pepper and mix everything together
- Add the vegetable broth then the rice
- Leave to cook for about 20 minutes; the time it takes the rice to cook
- Allow to cool a little and serve.
You may also be interested in: Vegetarian paella: low-calorie and tasty
Rice with milk and chocolate
As already mentioned, rice also lends itself well in the preparation of desserts. In this regard, we will show you a tasty recipe to serve as a dessert. Take note!
What we need
- Lemon peel
- 80 grams of brown sugar
- 250 grams of rice
- 500 ml of whole milk
- 100 grams of chocolate powder
- Pour the whole milk into a saucepan and heat over low heat
- Add the lemon peel: this ingredient is optional
- As soon as the milk boils, add the white rice and mix carefully to prevent it from sticking
- At this point, lower the heat to low and let it cook for about 10 minutes
- As soon as the rice is well cooked, add the sugar and chocolate
- Continue to mix until all the ingredients are well combined
- Serve both hot and cold